One of the Objectives of the Centre for Midwifery, Child and Family Health is to:
- Provide technical, evidence based, consultancy services to national and international governments and providers of maternity services and family services.
The CMFH has the capacity to undertake consultancies in the areas of midwifery and child and family health. We have the capacity to draw on the expertise of our Portfolio Holders to undertake a variety of projects for the government and non-government sectors. Our consultancy work is undertaken through the consulting arm of UTS, accessUTS.
Currently, we are involved in:
- Evaluation of the Malabar Community Midwifery Link Service (Royal Hospital for Women, Sydney)
- Review of homebirth services in Western Australia (Western Australian Health Department)
- Core Competencies and Educational Framework for Maternity Services in Australia Project
- Nurturing and Protecting Children: Nursing and Midwifery Curriculum Standards Project
In addition, we are undertaking a number of reviews and evaluations of services and systems for state and territory governments.