About the Centre
The Centre for Health Services Management (CHSM) was established in 2000. It is an initiative of UTS: Health.
The Centre was established to provide education, research and consultancy for those who are managing health services and to inform health policy at state and national levels.
- delivers the postgraduate programs in health services management and planning for the University of Technology, Sydney
- undertakes research in areas of health services management
- provides policy advice to health service providers, industry and government
- is supported by the health industry through the sponsorship of students into the health services management and planning programs
- participates in professional development activities in health services management and nursing management.
CHSM's goal is to advance ideas and practices beneficial to health care practitioners, institutions, consumers and society by:
- developing and sustaining a research culture within health services management
- improving health outcomes and lowering costs by strengthening the capacity to quickly interpret and implement new knowledge from research
- identifying, exploring, demonstrating and evaluating key strategic health care issues affecting innovative health care delivery systems
- linking health services research with policy and practice.